The Program Quality & Professional Development Committee supports a broader understanding of the elements and effective practices needed to support high quality after school (Out-of-School) programs and assure that the staff of these programs have access to a comprehensive professional development system.
- Promote an awareness of the importance and role high quality out-of-school time programs.
- Identify the elements and practices necessary to assure high-quality out-of-school experiences.
- Provide current research and resources to support the professionalism of the field.
- Provide technical assistance and resources to communities, families, and afterschool programs.
- Develop curriculum and training materials.
- Increase availability and affordability trainings.
- Promote effective collaboration and partnerships among stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the WAN Policy & Partnership Committee for advocacy education strategy.
- Review agenda materials prior to meetings, participate in, and attend quarterly committee meetings or conference calls (at least 75% attendance).
- Serve at least one 2-year term.
- Be willing to undertake special assignments as needed, and actively participate in at least one of WAN’s quality or professional development initiatives
- Ask timely and substantive questions at committee meetings while supporting decisions on issues decided by the committee.
- Suggest agenda items for committee meetings to ensure that significant ideas are addressed.
- Collaborate with staff and community partners.