The Policy & Partnerships Committee develops advocacy education strategy and works to align and inform policies at multiple levels to support afterschool and other expanded learning opportunities.
- Create a sustainable structure of statewide, regional, and local partnerships.
- Support the development and growth of statewide policies.
- Support statewide systems of quality.
- Develop policies and sustainable funding that support quality and access
- Engage leadership to spur changes in statewide policy, funding, administration, oversight.
- Promote effective collaboration and partnerships among stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance and resources to communities, families, and afterschool programs
- Collaborate with the WAN Quality & Professional Development Committee to provide technical assistance to programs that promotes success and sustainability.
- Review agenda materials prior to meetings, participate in, and attend quarterly committee meetings or conference calls (at least 75% attendance).
- Serve at least one 2-year term.
- Be willing to undertake special assignments as needed, and actively participate in at least one of WAN’s policy or professional development events.
- Ask timely and substantive questions at committee meetings while supporting decisions on issues decided by the committee.
- Suggest agenda items for committee meetings to ensure that significant ideas are addressed.
- Collaborate with staff and community partners.